HBOT And Plastic Surgery recovery
Can hyperbaric oxygen therapy help patients recover from plastic surgery?
Physicians, pharmaceutical companies, and the collective healthcare industry spend millions of dollars each year on research and development toward improving the surgery experience. Speeding up recovery time, improving wound healing, and preventing complications such as necrosis and scarring are all areas of interest. Many patients, who are looking for this improved and accelerated healing process, have turned to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT).
HBOT increases the oxygen concentration throughout the body by increasing the blood’s ability to upload, transport, and deliver oxygen to tissue. Nourishing wounded tissue with more oxygen is known to stimulate angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels) and promote wound healing, which in turn will reduce recovery time and decrease scarring.
The scientific community has performed many studies to investigate the efficacy of HBOT post-surgery. A few of these studies, and how they relate to recovery after plastic surgery, are listed below:
- Preoperative HBOT treatments have been found to prevent general complications of surgery and improve recovery from non-surgical cosmetic treatments, including chemical peels.
- HBOT has been found to improve and speed up wound recovery after surgery.
- HBOT has been found to reduce scarring.
- HBOT has been found to help prevent necrosis after invasive surgeries.
- Although rare, dermal fillers can cause blindness. However, evidence suggests that HBOT can help restore vision for these patients.
- HBOT has been found to help treat Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, which can be another complication of plastic surgery
"The cumulative evidence demonstrates the innumerable benefits hyperbaric oxygen therapy can bring to patients undergoing cosmetic surgery."
The cumulative evidence demonstrates the innumerable benefits hyperbaric oxygen therapy can bring to patients undergoing cosmetic surgery. If you are seeking pre-operative or post-operative treatment options for fillers, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, liposuction, face-lift, dermabrasion, ear surgery, Brazilian butt lift, or any other plastic surgery procedure, please contact our staff and see how Aalto Hyperbaric can aid in your recovery.
Today’s healthcare challenges and tomorrow’s breakthroughs can only be solved by those who search for deeper explanations of the body’s processes. At Aalto Hyperbaric, we are committed to our patients’ health. In order to provide the best possible care for our patients, we rely on critical scientific analysis to evaluate evidence. Our goal is to help you make the best decision for your health and to help you heal on your terms.